Hippity Hoppity… Hop to it now for the Buyer's Tax Credit
Time is running out for you if you are looking to take advantage of the Buyer Tax Credit yet this year. It appears that both the First Time Buyer Credit (up to $8,000) and the Current Homeowner Buyer Credit (up to $6,500) will be coming to an end on the 30th of April, 2010 – Yes, that’s within the next 30 days.
Here are some of the basic rules:
– Have a Purchase Agreement signed and in place by the end of April, 2010
– Closing by the 30th of June, 2010
– First Time Buyer Definition: Someone who has not owned a home before or who has not owned in the past 3 years
– Existing Home Buyer Requirements: Must have lived in the home they own or have owned continuously for 5 of the past 8 years.
So – First things First with the 30 day time period hopping away:
– See your Realtor and talk to them about your marketplace and the possiblity of buying something in the next 30 days – it is not impossible.
– Get pre-qualified for a loan so you know what price range to look at – Your Realtor can help you find just the right lender
– Find your dream house and get that binding agreement in place
For more information and in depth regualations see: http://bit.ly/91Wvkh